One of Europe’s largest independent insurance intermediaries is looking to add a .NET Developer to the team.
With around 5,000 staff based across more than 120 offices. The team are responsible for delivering the company’s digital strategy across a number of B2C and B2B websites.
The permanent member of staff will work within a small team to provide the technical elements of the strategy. The person will be the key .NET resource and as such have experience and confidence to manage the environments, development process and carry out hands on development.
- Deliver tactical and strategic improvements to websites using Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Responsible for IIS webserver configuration.
- Own the development and administration for the companies’ strategic .NET CMS.
- Lead the use of source control and the development process.
- Cover support and maintenance in addition to development.
- Hands on experience of .NET framework and C#.
- Hands on experience of creating websites using major .NET CMS such as Umbraco, Sitecore, Immediacy, DotNetNuke, Kentico, Sitefinityor mojoPortal.
- Experienced trouble shooter – able to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Hands on experience of IIS configuration.
- Fluent with Visual Studio and other dev tools on the Microsoft stack.
- Knowledge of SQLServer and SQL.
- Solid OO programming skills.
- Understanding and experience using source control tools.
- Experience of implementing sophisticated tagging to facilitate advanced analytics.
- Knowledge of SQL Report Services.
- Experience and understanding of XSLT.
- Knowledge of html5 and css3.
- Knowledge of SEO and website accessibility guidelines.
- Fanatical about code quality and a passion for web technologies.
- Able to successfully handle multiple initiatives simultaneously and meet agreed delivery times.
- Able to prepare documentation and follow agreed processes.
- Team player with exposure to Agile method.
Require a minimum of 5 GCSE (or equivalent) passes A-C including Maths and English