With a global client base and established for more than twenty years, this organisation provides technology solutions to the Life Protection (insurance) and Investment markets. They seek an ‘insurance aware’/’investments aware’ Technical Product Owner to support new client-facing projects, transforming the way clients interact with their customers whilst delivering real benefit to their businesses.
As a core part of the team, the successful candidate will need to interpret complex business requirements and technology architectures in order to help design and orchestrate large-scale, distributed enterprise systems utilising next-generation, customer-centric applications portfolio. Working closely with the pre-sales, application development and support teams will be a crucial part of the role.
This role will give a great exposure to a broad spectrum of technologies. The successful candidate will also be involved in client implementations, where it will be important to gain a good understanding of their customer-centric programmes and sophisticated business processes and to ensure that, when a product or service is delivered, there is an optimal fit of functionality to their current needs and future plans. Travel to international client sites may be required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall design of the application and for mapping the business requirements to systems/technical requirements.
- Customer facing (willing to travel due to global client base)
- Take ownership of a particular solution offering
- Act as a visionary and strategist for the solution product area
- Provide end-to-end solution and design details
- Support the Development and Test teams to ensure that solutions are appropriately implemented and tested
- Produce high quality functional specifications whilst taking into account existing functionality in the software products, to ensure consistency and cohesion in the delivered solution
To be considered for this role you will have a background as a Technical Product Owner with IT systems design experience. In addition you will have the following skills / experience:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Service Oriented Architectures, tools and frameworks
- UI best practice (especially CX &UX technologies)
- Excellent knowledge of the project lifecycle and associated tools including configuration and release management processes
- Knowledge of the Life, Pensions & Investment markets
- Experience of working with Agile Development teams
- Knowledge of Enterprise modelling tools and methods
- Proven ability to effectively challenge, negotiate and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A confident team player who operates with energy, enthusiasm and creativity
- Self motivated, with the initiative to solve complex problems & find innovative solutions
- In depth understanding of the business processes that cover life protection and life investment, together with underwriting and claims processing
- Able to look at and shape a requirement, then put a solution together